Intellitech Systems is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and has earned certification for LEED projects. We are very proud of this achievement, for this certification will allow our company to engineer and demonstrate energy saving ideas that we can apply in green buildings. Being part of the LEED program means a lot to the Intellitech team; it implies leadership, innovation and environmental stewardship.
LEED certification provides independent, third-party verification that a building project meets the highest green building and performance measures. Sustainable building strategies should be considered early in the development cycle. An integrated project team will include the major stakeholders of the project such as the developer/owner, architect, engineer, landscape architect, contractor, and asset and property management staff. Implementing an integrated, systems-oriented approach to green project design, development and operations can yield synergies and improve the overall performance of a building. Initial LEED assessment will bring the project team together to evaluate and articulate the project's goals and the certification level sought.
There are both environmental and financial benefits to earning LEED certification.
LEED-certified buildings are designed to:
• Lower operating costs and increase asset value.
• Reduce waste sent to landfills.
• Conserve energy and water.
• Be healthier and safer for occupants.
• Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
• Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives in hundreds of cities.
• Demonstrate an owner's commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility.